Well, and this...
|so...you might have seen the other photo but I was asked to please remove it...|
Anyway.. Rich had taken all Saturday morning and stripped the airlock. Now maybe I need to tell you a little about the airlock.. You can see the blue gray door to it in the above photo. That's a screen door. And the latch doesn't work. You walk through there and to the right is a solid front door, which leads to the living room. This is what was on the walls of the airlock..
I helped put the last two walls up and painted it the same pale yellow as the living room, hall and kitchen... It took awhile but it grew on me and it really lightened up that area... I wish I had a before photo..it was hideous.. that dark brown shellacked whatever it was on top and some kind of paneling on the bottom...
The master bathroom was also tackled this weekend..
|Vanity and toilet installed...by Rich by himself..|
|Door going in... We did finish installing it|
|The deadbolt and lock set installed on the back door by ME (with a lot of help)!! I guess I need to do a bit more painting...|
|Rich up on the roof of the sun room... There was a leak so he braved the heights and sealed it up...|
But right now...that photo just gives me the chuckles... It so represents the shape the rest of the house was in...
So what did I do this weekend?? I painted
1. second coat on the kitchen window
2. first coat on the kitchen wall where we fixed the dining room entry
3. second coat on the master bathroom window
4. first coat in the airlock
5. second coat on the back of the hall bathroom door
6. second coat on the trim work of the hall bathroom doorway
7. second coat in the airlock
8. second coat on the kitchen wall where we fixed the dining room entry
9. first coat on the master bathroom door (one side only)
10 first coat on the trim work of the master bathroom
1. demolished the airlock
2. put up the bead board in the airlock
3. installed the toilet
4. installed the vanity
5. installed the bathroom door
6. installed most of the base board
7. started in the sun room...pulled nails, swept dust, got a wasp nest out of the hanging light fixture...
8. fixed the leak in the roof..