This is the linen closet. When we first saw the house there were dark wood shelves and a curtain hanging over the doorway. We primed it, painted the shelves and this weekend I made the linen closet look like a proper linen closet...
|The back supports are all we left in there..|
|side supports added and painted..it's shiny cause I used a Hi-Gloss paint..and the flash went off..oops!|
|One down and four to go...|
|Rich had to bring the shelves home and cut them down to 15 1/2 inches and make new side supports so we can add a door..|
We did get a HUGE job finished...completed...all done... THE CROWN MOULDING...
We really struggled with this.. First we had a devil of a time matching the crown moulding that was already in the house. There was too much to pull down and start over. We tried Lowes, Home Depot, Sutherlands and a ton of smaller stores and finally found "almost matching" moulding at Menard's. It was so close that I don't think anyone will notice...and if they do, hopefully they are nice enough to keep their mouth shut...lol
I painted it and Rich did all the inside and outside cuts...with some miscuts along the way...he is NOT a visual person so he struggles knowing which way to place the board on the miter saw...and which way to move the miter saw to cut it...We did make more of the cheat boards so we now have Cut A, Cut B, Cut C and Cut D boards... I think we should market them...And of course it helps if you have square corners and level ceilings...which we don't have... Some of the moulding looks like a drunken sailor hung it...but once again..if you notice it....don't say it out loud...I won't be responsible..
|Rich got both doors trimmed out...the mess to the left of the door is mudd..We had to make the door opening smaller so a little mudd and tape and some repainting is in order..|