|I know...The wall is on the wrong side of the shower head. There is a good reason..keep reading.|
|original wiring found behind drywall|
|what the wiring looks like now..|
So the hall bathroom becomes 5ft by 6ft..
It now has new wiring, a new exhaust fan, the start of new drywall, the vanity and sink are purchased and the lighting went up...
|the cardboard covers the attic access until we have it finished.|
What? You don't like the "modern" looking light fixtures...I know they look crooked...but really THEY ARE!! We found the light fixtures at our local Habitat ReStore for only $5 each. A great deal, but they didn't have the proper mounting strips so they are up that way until this weekend when we can put them up with the right mounting hardware... OH...and that board hanging above them is now gone...along with the old light fixture and sink that went home with our daughter...who paid us back by coming by on Sunday and helping..
|this is the first photo I took..|
|she said "at least let me pose!!"|
She put the second coat of paint on the back bedroom while I helped hubby in the bathroom... Thanks Kristin! It looks great!
And I kept the most exciting news for last...
This is the ugly living room fan. We were really pissed to find out that the only way to turn on and off this light/fan was by those chains hanging down... No light switch.. Gah! I do not want the only overhead light in the living room to be operated by a chain... While hubby had all the drywall out, he peeked into the attic and found the live wire...
and pulled it down into the wall
and added a switch..
to the living room wall!! I didn't get a final photo, but the switch is now mounted inside the box. By moi! And so we can now turn the light on and off by a switch.. you have no idea how exciting it was to turn on and off the switch and say "hey, look...I turned the light on".