Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Work Shop...and another project.

Apparently there are a few people that actually stalk, visit this blog faithfully to check for updates.  Looks like I updated last right after Thanksgiving..  We have been busy... We paid the son to move all the tools from the basement to the shop...and clean out the garage and move some stuff from the shop to the garage...


I don't have before photos of the shop... Just imagine  a large steel building with lots of big wood working tools, tons of boxes, no insulation, no heat and no electricity..  Now you know what Rich has been doing...

First he put up some walls...

Then he added blown insulation...

Then he put in electric...

Then he put in a wood stove...

Then he unpacked...

And now here it is...

the outside...

step in the door and look to the left..

look straight ahead..

left of stove..

right of the stove..

I guess you noticed that every thing has a place and everything is in it's place.  This is not because he just finished unpacking...It ALWAYS looks like this.. ALWAYS!!  It's truly annoying.. 

And now that the shop is all put together...we get to do more projects.. we finished the shelves in the kitchen...


















As soon as I get them filled I will post a photo.. . I'm working on it.. The bottom shelf is reserved for my Kitchen Aid mixer...

Nancy

PS - Happy now Don?

5 comments:

Pat said...

What a great shop! (I truly believe, though, that woodworking tools and lumber are easier to keep organized than fabric, thread, and quilting notions!!!)

Linda said...

Thanks! I had been missing you! It is a great shop! My spouse could never keep one this tidy!

Sillygrammy said...

Thank you so much for posting again. I have to admit that I am a VERY faithful follower and have clicked your link daily or almost. I really do love hearing about all your projects and I also enjoy your quilting blog now too.
Sincerely
Silly Grammy

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Nancy, I check on you at both locations! It was good to read of activity on both blogs. I am anxious to read of your adapting to 'country life'. Do you feel isolated? Will friends come for a day of stitching and visiting? So good to hear from you!
Donna in KS

Jean C. said...

Ohhh, my DH would be soo envious.
We went to the city to see about building a garage with an upstairs attic like area... yeah... nope!!! They seem to think that if they allow that people will want to turn it into a place to live! Always something with these guys! They will see what happens when we win the Pub.Clearing House $$$$ hmmmm! LoL.... Well... as they say... if you build it they will come... if you fill out the info you will win! Someone has too right? Why not us!
Tell your hubby... I'm sure mine would just love to move right into his space.... no muss no fuss! And believe me, the tools would be kept nice and neat just like that too!
Good to see a bit of the old blogging going on here again!