Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the small things...

It's getting close ...  A week from today our doorbell will ring and the packers will be here to move us.  I have spent the last two weeks cleaning out drawers and closets, donating stuff we don't want to take with us, and today I cleaned out both freezers.  I have called two electric companies, two telephone companies, two water companies and changed email addresses on Flickr and Facebook.  I have attempted to contact our trash company here and have attempted to figure out who our trash company is at the new house.  I got my hair cut for the last time here this morning...and need to find a new hairdresser in the new town. (I think I have a lead)   We have decided to purchase a flat screen tv before moving and have called a local crisis center and donated our current tv to them...along with the stand, a vcr and various kids tapes...  (luckily for us they agreed to pick it up next Tuesday so we aren't without news!) 



Part of the sewing room... table from breakfast room here will become the table for my sewing buddies (they better come!)  The little wood tv tray will become their personal ironing surface..nothing is too good for my sewing buddies...
This is some of my sewing stuff waiting to be put away... I'm hoping to persuade pay a grandkid to come help me...
I painted this dresser this past weekend.  It used to hold all my paperback books (that were given away) and will now hold my tv in the sewing room.

register cover added to sewing room floor

another register cover added to sewing room floor

register cover added to kitchen

After realizing that the magnetic paint didn't hold a magnet, I added another coat of the paint.  If it doesn't work this time it will become an epic fail and I will paint blue over it...which will mean another three coats of blue to paint over the black...sigh...
Meanwhile, Rich worked outside on Saturday...and I helped him finish up on Sunday...

no more wooden walkway up next to the house
no more wooden walkway from the house to the garage
some of the wooden walkway removed from the hillside.
We used a sawzall, a crowbar and a truck with a chain to remove all this wooden walkway.  We also removed a lot of miscellaneous bricks, rocks and pieces of wood that were strewn all over the yard.

We now have four piles, one pile of bricks, one pile of wooden walkway, one pile of rocks and one pile of railroad ties...  We have a friend that is taking all the wooden walkway this weekend.

This weekend we have more small things to do...

Hang curtains in son's room..
clean all windows, floors, kitchen and both bathrooms...
add electric box in basement for freezer (we I decided to locate the freezer in the basement instead of the back hallway)
help deliver all that wooden walkway..
clean out freezer so I can move the leftovers from here to there...


Nancy

6 comments:

Pat said...

Won't be long now.......seems like it went really fast (to me). I'm sure to you it didn't seem too fast! LOL

Anne D said...

Love the sewing room.
Wish I could come and sew for a day!

Tangos Treasures said...

Yay!!! Looking great!!!!

Anonymous said...

our machines are packed and waiting....the table and ironing surface looks perfect! Also, Im seeing an empty spot for that long arm....just sayin...
Bev

Jean said...

Wish I lived closer... I would come in a heart beat to help and then of course to sew!

Becky R said...

The new house is looking wonderful!