Friday, October 7, 2011

Behold....


the beauty of concrete...


I spread a sealer so it will clean nicely...

I can't wait to cover all that gravel with dirt....and get some solar lights...


and now you don't have to walk underneath the eaves of the house to get to the front door.  I hated that..




her graceful curve...

her long stretch to the driveway...



The day the contractor came to do the shop pad we talked to him about doing a sidewalk. He gave us a price and we said "Yes"...  I kind of walked him up and told him with arms sweeping "I want it to come from the porch and around a corner and to the left of the plantings and then end here" which we marked with two pieces of re-bar from his truck.  I am ecstatic.. I love my sidewalk.. I love a small  town where you just tell someone what you want and they do it. And they do it right.  We didn't give him any money upfront and there was no bill hanging on the door.  We know that he will either send us a bill or stop by and get paid.  And he knows we will pay..
because we have a garage that needs a pad.

Nancy

4 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Welcome to the country guys!

Pat said...

Looks great!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Nothing like new concrete. Did you put your initials in it?? lol

Jean said...

That is soo cool! Nice to be able to depend on people isn't it? You keep talking about this sealer though... what is it... I've never heard of it b/4! Seems to me that it would be good to know about since I live where there is snow and when you have snow... you usually have ice and ice melt.... which can really destroy a cement walk or driveway! So... please let me know what it is, and if you have to put it on right after you pour new.... or can you put it on old cement?