Sunday, April 22, 2012

More of the Great Outdoors...

Lets play BEFORE and AFTER...

We are focusing on the island of planting there in the middle of the photo.. This is before...

Now what's missing?
I hated that big post with the bug zapper on top...hated it...Like everything else when we moved in the bug zapper didn't actually work...it was just hanging there... I pulled it down and dragged it around the house and plunked it down onto the big pile we have of "trash for Rich, the trash man"...
I also pulled out a lot of dead plants... and while I was cutting grass Rich (not to confused with Trash Man Rich) started working in the back...  The back of the house is just plain ugly...  All of that area underneath the deck and sun porch needs to be enclosed.  Saturday he did some preliminary work and got four post holes dug, concrete poured into them and some post brackets set..  Today he got four posts in...


Three posts are already in...

before....really ugly and those satellite dishes don't help any..  Unfortunately we have to have TV and Internet... and with most of our land in trees, this is the only place to get a good "sky view"..

Stringers ready for next weekend...
Thought I would show you the planting on the left side...Hosta..
And more Hosta along with three Concord Grape plants..
On the inside I did a bit of DIY spray painting.. Our daughter was cleaning out her garage and she had that headboard..It was bronze which is not a color I happen to like, so I used Rustoleum Hammered in Silver...  This is the guest room..and still needs a dust ruffle and proper quilt..and a new lamp..and some artwork might be nice..

Closeup of the paint job..  I love how it turned out.. Not bad for the cost of two cans of spray paint..
 And I also did a little DIY on the refrigerator..  When it was delivered it had a big sticker on the front.  It was supposed to be stuck to the plastic coating, but it wasn't... I couldn't get that sticker off with anything...  Then my sister-in-law came out for Easter and noticed it... 

I used three items...

to get this off... it was worse, but I forgot to take a photo before I started...this is halfway through..

Add Miracle Whip (Mayo would work also) and let sit..

Nice and clean... 
Nancy

3 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I love that hammered paint. The blacksmith restored an old meat saw and used it.
Your refrigerator looks great. Wish I had bought stainless, I have white, that is now turning yellow :(

Pat said...

I know peanut butter works on stuff like that, too, most of the time. Love to see everything you are doing at your place!

Nancy Page said...

Love the headboard, very unique. Love what you are doing all around the house. Great job.

Have a super great day.