Sunday, July 10, 2011

oh my aching legs....

 Fr:iday evening after Rich quit work we headed out to the house to do some painting..  We painted both sliding closet doors for the third bedroom and both screen doors..  Then we came back home.  It was a bit weird.  Around  6:30pm, Rich said.. "Why don't you call home and see if there are any messages?"  Lo and behold we have a call that someone wants to show the house in a half hour.  YIKES!  We didn't take Oliver with us...he is in the laundry room...   In the mean time Ryan calls and says his car is broken down for the second time in two days and he is waiting for the tow truck.  We told him if it worked, go by the house and get the dog out of there...and turn on all the lights...and close the toilet lids!! lol   Then we were afraid he wouldn't make it, so I called the neighbor, gave him the garage code and he put Oliver outside on his chain.  We were about a half hour away so it would be close.  Not knowing if Ryan had made it or not, we headed straight to the house...just in time to see the realtor pull into the driveway.. Luckily the dog was gone so we met Ryan and picked him up.  Lesson learned.  Take the dog...

Saturday was the July meeting of the St Louis Modern Quilt Guild and I don't miss those, so Rich went out by himself early and I didn't get to the house until almost 3pm.  He got the first and second coat of paint on one side of the sliding closet doors for bedroom three and both screen doors...




This morning at 7am I got up and put the second coat of paint on the other side...  Now they dry...

this is NOT a dining room chair.  There was a bit of touch up needed on the baseboard...the first time I did it Oliver licked all the paint off.  So this time I stuck the chair in front of it.  SUCCESS!
did I show you that we painted the inside of the sky light blue?   I love it...

This morning we laid the padding for the floor in the sewing room...the last time we laid a laminate floor we also had to use padding.It was like foam and very thin and really hard to work with....but boy this new stuff is great.  It's all recycled material and feels like felt.  Heavy and lays down nicely..we used the electric stapler to hold it down...
First couple of rows...

LUNCH BREAK!!

This is where my legs gave out and we showered, packed and headed home... Rich and I work differently.  I handed him the flooring and then stood on the last piece we did and held it in place and also bent over and held the pieces so they went together.  Rich on the other hand sits and scoots... He slides the flooring together and uses the handy tool to make sure they lock into place.  So I stand and bend..he sits and scoots...AGAIN.. I STAND AND BEND...he sits and scoots.  MY LEGS ARE JELLO!!  They ache...they hurt...and I would go soak in a nice warm bath, but I would never get out..

doesn't it look pretty???  Those white things sitting inside the built in are the doors.. We forgot to get new hinges and handles... next Lowes trip...

another view...
We started with 17 boxes of flooring and we have 6 left... and 104 ft of quarter round for the edging.  Normally we would pull the baseboard, put down the flooring and replace the baseboard.  We can't..it's complicated...so we will trim the edges with quarter round to match...it will be fine..  This is the hallway...that blue on the wall is gonna go...quick...

did I mention it was HOT!!

And Saturday night we went to Karen's house where we scored all these concrete pavers for FREE

and there are six round ones...  We have no idea what we will do with them...but they were FREE!!


Abbie had a great time getting rides to the backyard!!


Nancy

7 comments:

Marsha said...

I sure am loving that BASR! It is huge! You are going to have such a great playroom!

Pokey said...

It is looking so good, Nancy, I know you'll be glad to see a finish....
:-}pokey

Unknown said...

Just love the color of you BASR, amd boy, oh boy that sure is a BIg BASR.

Judy D in WA said...

Your BASR is fabulous......the floor makes it sing! I so understand about the baseboards-our kitchen and living room were like that. So you work with what you have instead of creating more problems. Nice score with the pavers.

Becky R said...

I really, really, really, like your new flooring in the the BASR. Would LOvE to know the floor that you are installing this over? Trying to look at the closeups, is it just subfloor? I would love to do that as well.

Becky R said...

I really, really, really, like your new flooring in the the BASR. Would LOvE to know the floor that you are installing this over? Trying to look at the closeups, is it just subfloor? I would love to do that as well.

Lorraine said...

Ooooo! the BASR is looking amazing! You will be happy hanging out in there I am sure....but will you ever come out???