1. When putting up the wall in the kitchen we had to use Algebra....you know, that stuff you told your parents you would never use again..specifically the "Pythagorean Theorem" ... We needed that kitchen wall to be dead on straight for the cabinets and that's how he figured it out. It involved the tape measure, calculator and 2 people. I don't pretend to understand it, but it worked.
2. Go back to the last post and check out photo number 4. Oh shoot, I'll save you the trouble.
Now check out the wires that are located in the middle top of the photo. See them there? Those are 12 volt wires...leading to the light over the kitchen sink...which is a 110 volt light... Even I know that isn't what you do.
3. There are no inspections in the county where this house lives. You can pretty much do what you want, where and how you want to. Of course if you add on outside the county assessor WILL drive by and note it and your real estate tax bill will go up... If you knock something down, they will never notice and your bill will not be reduced..
4. The kitties are still there.. Momma cat comes and goes, but we fill the feeders full and there usually isn't much left by the following weekend. We have never had cats before as both daughters are allergic. We are both getting such a kick out of them. They stay outside and in the beginning they would scatter as soon as the back door was opened. Now they kind of scoot off to the side of the deck and sit and watch. If we get too close they will scatter, but there are a couple of brave ones that will just watch us... These are the brave ones... the one on the left is looking in the dining room window where Oliver is barking at it...
They will actually come up to the glass door and watch us work. They will paw at the door at Oliver knowing full well he can only bark...not really harm them... We will continue to feed the cats. They will be outside cats and hopefully catch all the county mice. We hadn't found any evidence of mice until we took down that kitchen wall where we found a nest on top of the turn-around, 3 dead mice and lots of mouse droppings... (sorry, hope you weren't eating)
5. The second wall we took down... the half wall by the steps? It wasn't nailed into the floor. Nope. We found that there used to be an open wood railing there and all they did was box it up. Yea...real safe...
I guess that's all I forgot to say last night.