Monday, October 11, 2010

you CAN teach an old dog new tricks....

This weekend started out late for me.  I attended my first meeting of the St Louis Modern Quilt Guild Saturday so didn't drive out to the house until Saturday afternoon.  By the time I got there, Rich had already finished the electric in the three bedrooms,  torn out 5 doors with door frames and removed crown molding in the master bedroom and down the hallway.  We had a few more pieces of drywall to put up and then he started the mudding and taping.  I have watched him do this before, but never helped.. until now that is.


I used these...
 
and this...


to do this..



As soon as all the regular mudding and taping was done...Rich got started on the corners and ceiling.  I wasn't aware that the ceiling and corners got different treatment.  Apparently they get "corner beads" or something like that.   After sweeping all the floors and washing dishes and putting them away I sat and watched for a minute.  I finally asked "Is there something I can do to help?"   He taught me how to do the corners and ceiling.  How fun was that?  Well, not much.  But I did a good job...he said so.  And then we ran out of joint compound and we got to come home early... in our little town the stores close early on Sunday. 

We still have to do the master closet with the first coat and put another coat on all the other walls and then sand and then we will start priming the walls.  I cannot wait...  I picked up some paint samples and think I have settled on a wall color...

See you all next week,
Nancy

3 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Yippiee!! It's really coming together! Hope your not too sore!

Jean said...

You are busy little bee's! Good for you. We need to get busy here too.... just seems like the days go past too fast at times!
I'm anxious to see your new kitchen and the rest of the rooms. Bet you are too! It will be great when it's all done!
So, after it's done... are you going to get rid of the other house? Or is this just the "play cottage"? Just being nosey!

Unknown said...

I've just finished reading through all your posts and finished my cup of tea. It looks like you and Rich are powering ahead like a train on this reno job. So nice of the seller to leave you all her prized "junk" and stray pets. Looking forward to the next installment.